Love Your Pets, Kill The Pet Pathogens
10 Low-Cost Ways to Prevent Illness From Pet Pathogens
Pets can be an amazing source of companionship and support to their human owners. Several studies have proven that pets can improve owner health, both biological and psychiatric, and speed up recovery after a surgery procedure. That said, pet pathogens that can cause serious illness too.
Pet Pathogens Include Bacteria, Fungi, etc.
From parasites to fungi, all pets harbor a host of pet pathogens that can make you and your family very sick. Even the cleanest of indoor pets can pass several life threatening pathogens to their human family members. This fact is especially true for young children, the elderly, anybody with a compromised immune system or pregnant women. Not to worry, by following a few simple rules you and your pets can enjoy a long and healthy life together.
Simple Rules To Protect You and Your Family from Pet Pathogens on cats, dogs, etc:
1. Never touch or handle any kind of pet excrement (poop) or urine without gloves (even when it just sitting in the back your). In some case additional personal protection may be required.
2. Keep the litter box clean. All excrement and urine clumps should be removed daily. This task should also be done with gloves.
3. For indoor / outdoor pets, check to see if their paws are clean before the pet re-enters the home.
4. Regular kennel, cage, bowl, tank cleaning is very important.
5. Pregnant women, should always avoid touching or handling cat poop and litter box materials. Pregnant women should also avoid all pet excrement.
6. Clean and disinfect all surfaces on a regular basis. This includes carpets, counter tops, toilets etc.
7. If a pet does track in something from the outside, clean it up quickly!
8. Don’t let pet stains, especially urine, remain on any surface.
9. Groom your pet regularly, daily if needed. Pet hair can be annoying and it can pose a serious health risk. In addition, trim your pet’s nails on a regular basis or as directed by your veterinarian.
10. Wash your pet regularly or as direct by your veterinarian. If a pet smells like excrement or you can see excrement is attached to their fur, the pet should be cleaning before allowing them to enter your home.
Got Pet Smells? Call the Germ Champs?
Does the litter box area in your home smell funny, even after you clean the litter? Call us and we can make that area/room a germ free zone and smell fresh. Did the dog track poop into your home? Call us and no matter how big or small, we will make sure your entire home is a germ free zone. Does your house or room smell more like your pets than you?
At Germ Champs we offer one of the only EPA approved process for whole room, home, business, clinic, and hospital disinfection. Call today and you could be enjoying an odor free, germ free environment in just a couple of hours.